Protecting Your Innovation With A Patent
Your new invention could lead to great profit and personal fulfillment, but only if you take the right legal steps. At Frisina, LLC, we work with innovators from around the world to obtain patent protection.
Will My Invention Need A Patent?
An American patent can provide you with the following advantages:
- Endows you as the patent holder with the right to exclude others from making, selling, importing or using the invention without your permission for up to 20 years
- Protects you if you discover others are infringing on your patent and allows you to sue for damages
- Blocks your competitors from practicing critical technologies
- Creates licensing opportunities
- Guards your market share against knock-offs and counterfeits
If your invention requires you to engage investors, engineers or contract manufacturers, you should explore the possibility of obtaining a patent for your intellectual property.
The Patent Application Process
Our experienced guidance starts with selecting the appropriate patent for your invention: provisional, nonprovisional, domestic or foreign. Our time-tested advice will equip you to decide on the best course of action.
From there, we will thoroughly prepare your patent application to maximize your chances of acceptance from the patent office.
However, if the patent office raises objections to your application, we will vigorously counter those objections, even to the point of appealing your case to the Federal Circuit or the Supreme Court if necessary. We fight hard for our clients and will do everything possible to help you achieve your goals.
Why Our IP Firm Is The Best Choice
Besides having been an intellectual property lawyer for over 14 years, attorney Dominic A. Frisina has a master’s degree in chemistry and extensive industrial experience in science and engineering. His unique combination of legal and scientific knowledge will give you a distinct advantage.